A time travelling man invented by Richard L.Tierney. Taggart first appeared in the novel, The Winds of Zarr. He defends the Earth from Mythos powers. He also appears in a couple of short stories and in the cross-over novel The Drums of Chaos, where he meets with Simon of Gitta. John Taggart is Tierney's first series hero, invented when Tierney was still a teenager.
- The Winds of Zarr (Silver Scarab Press, 1975), novel
- "Countdown for Kalara" (Space and Time July 1980), novella
- "The Howler in the Dark" (The Crypt of Cthulhu #24, Lammas, 1984), short story. Written much earlier.
- "The Last Decision" (Eldritch Tales #15 1988), short story
- "The Lords of Pain" (1997), short story
- "Let There Be Darkness" [With Kevin L. O'Brien] (2006), short story
- The Drums of Chaos (Mythos Books, 2008), novel.