The Dreamlands or Dream Realm is a vast, alternate dimension or universe, accessible to earthly humans only through dreams. The waking world is our everyday or "real" universe.
Also known as The Lands of Dream with entrances to The Underworld.
The Dreamlands are for the most part a mirror-image of our waking universe, having, as far as can be determined, the same planets, stars and other cosmic geographical features. However, there are numerous races, civilizations and beings existing in the Dreamlands that do not exist in the waking universe, such as the Zoogs, Gugs, Ghasts, moon-beasts, and others.
- The Plateau of Leng, home of man-eating spiders and the satyr-like "Men of Leng".
- The city of Celephaïs, a city dreamt into being by its monarch Kuranes, greatest of all recorded dreamers.
- The Forbidden Lands.
- The Steps of Deeper Slumber (descended via the "Cavern of Flame").
- The Enchanted Woods, by which many enter the Dreamlands. .
- The port of Dylath-Leen, one of the Dreamlands' largest cities.
- The town of Ulthar, "where no man may kill a cat".
- The coastal jungle city of Hlanith.
- The desert trading capital Illarnek.
- The fabled Land of Mnar, whose gray stones are etched with signs.
- The ruins of the great Sarnath.
- The isle of Oriab.
- The areas known as the Fantastic Realms (described in "The White Ship")
A huge castle atop a mountain and the domain of the "Great Ones", the gods of Earth's Dreamland.
A subterranean region underneath the Dreamlands inhabited by various monsters.
Accessible via a ship and inhabited by toad-like "moon-beasts" allied with Nyarlathotep.